20 Random Facts About Me:
1. My younger years were spent so rural that we didn’t have an indoor toilet in our little four-room house. It wasn’t until after my parents divorced that my mom eventually moved into a small house in town with a bathroom. I was seven.
2. I think because I grew up rather poor, I am extremely practical. I have a hard time buying things simply to buy them. It’s hard for me to make any purchase without a valid need.
3. My older brother taught me to read at the age of four. “Run, Dick, run!”
4. My mom remarried and in time gave birth to another son a day after my eighth birthday. From that day, I have had three brothers and no sisters.
5. I read “The Iliad” and “The Odyssey” when I was in the fifth grade. I just thought they sounded interesting…and, in my mind, they were. Don’t be alarmed. This was also the time I discovered Pippy Longstocking.
6. Despite having determined that I would never wed, my first thought on seeing my husband was, “I’ll take this one.” I have no idea where that thought came from, but I’m glad it popped into my head. He’s my perfect match.
7. I lived in twenty different places by the time I married at the age of 23.
8. Strangely enough, our family has lived in the same home for the past 20 years.
9. As a transplanted Iowa farm girl, I appreciate all the conveniences that come with the city life, but I struggle to appreciate the mania attached to this style of living.
10. I absolutely love football. Especially my son’s team and the 49ers!
11. I have been gluten-/casein-free for four years.
12. Changing my eating style has opened up a whole new realm for me: cooking!
13. I chose to surrender my life to God’s love shown through His Son, Jesus, the day after my 19th birthday. Best decision of my life!
14. I don’t drink fancy-coffee drinks. Just a basic brew works for me…especially if it just happens to be a pour-over!
15. I have a relapse/remission form of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS). It came on suddenly mid-March 1999. I am currently in a relapse.
16. After resisting the gentle prods of God, I (in unity with my husband) opted to homeschool when my daughter was going into the fifth grade, and our son into the first. The road has been rough, but I have never looked back.
17. I have Chemical Sensitivity Disorder, and am extremely reactive to the chemical odors produced by perfumes, scented candles, body products, household cleaners, tires, paint, etc. If you’re near me and I back away, it’s not you! I am probably becoming ill over something you’re wearing. 😦
18. I can write a haiku fairly easily!
19. Oddly enough, our children seem to like to spend their time with their dad and me. (We’re honored.)
20. My husband makes me laugh more than anyone else I know. (My son is probably second.)